* A subscription to NarrowBoat magazine, published every three months (worth £17.80 a year)
* Free entry to the National Waterways Museums at Ellesmere Port, Gloucester Docks and Stoke Bruerne (worth up to £5.50 per visit)
* Twice yearly updates on the boat restoration work you are helping to make possible
* 10% discount on all books published by Waterways World Ltd
* 10% discount in all National Waterways Museum shops and cafés
What needs to be done
At the National Waterways Museum we care for a nationally important collection of 80 historic boats, from a 1000 year old log boat to a concrete barge and from a coracle to a grad dredger.
At Ellesmere Port a dedicated team of museum staff and volunteers is working together to improve the condition of these historic boats. Over the past few months, great progress has been made and your help is needed to continue this important work. Also at Ellesmere Port we're planning to employ a second skilled member of staff to help us train more volunteers to do more work. Plus we need money for materials - wood, paint, canvas and engine parts.
Over the next few years we want to re-establish a fully working boatyard at Ellesmere Port so that we can:
* Restore and maintain our historic boats
* Put more boats back on display at the museum and out on the waterway network
* Train others, especially young people, in traditional boat building and repair skills
* Repair boats from elsewhere to provide a regular income for the boatyard
* Help bring the museum site to life for visitors
How you can help
The National Waterways Museum has joined forces with NarrowBoat magazine publishers, Waterways World, to launch this new supporters' scheme. Waterways World will administer the scheme while National Waterways Museum volunteers and staff will work on the boats. Both will offer you great benefits including a free subscription to Narrowboat magazine and free entry to the three National Waterways Museums.
Become a supporter
Your regular gift of £39 a year for individuals, or £49 a year for two people, will help us buy the essential materials needed to continue this vitally important restoration work on the national collection of historic boats. You will also be helping us on our way to re-establishing a vibrant and financially viable boatyard at Ellesmere Port.
£39 Individual Supporter* Click here to join us and help save our historic boats.
£49 Two Supporters ** Click here to join us and help save our historic boats.
* From your payment of £39 at least £20 will be passed on to the museum to help restore the historic boats.
** From your payment of £49 at least £30 will be passed on to the museum to help restore the historic boats. You will receive one subscription to NarrowBoat Magazine and you will both get free entry to the National Waterway Museums. Please note, we will need one address only for correspondence.