The Friends of the Museum is an independent charity welcoming all those interested in waterways. Members are entitled to free admission to the Museum and receive a quarterly newsletter. Talks and social events are held throughout the year, providing opportunities to learn more about waterways and to meet fellow Friends.
Some Friends also provide special support to the Museum by
• acting as a steward at special events
• restoring exhibits under the supervision of experienced volunteers
• operating working exhibits such as the steam dredger or the motor tug
• demonstrating waterways crafts such as bonnet making, lacework and embroidery
• attending local shows to publicise the museum and the Friends
• carrying out research, collecting knowledge and photographs.
Simply send your name, address, phone number and cheque (payable to Friends of NWM) to:
Friends Membership Secretary
Gloucester Waterways Museum